Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Winter Finally Over?

This spring's 'winter' of 2013, might finally be over? Here in Wisconsin, I hope so! I took the Bar Mitts off my bike before I went out riding earlier this evening. As one young lad expressed, winter is hanging from the cliff by one finger... and I hope someone stomps on it! Yes, today we enjoyed an afternoon thunderstorm which greened the grass up even more than it was. The frogs are singing in the swamps, and the robins have endured more than their allotted three snow falls after returning from warmer places. We hope that the terrible Walker-winter of 2013 that has griped our state has finally come to an end.

Biking has been challenging on the cold, windy, treacherous roads in the spring winter of 2013 but I will have riden 500 miles in the first four months anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment