Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall in Wisconsin

Fall is in the air in Wisconsin and biking has become a little harder because of the windy days and cooler temperatures. A light frost on Tuesday or Wednesday took out the leaves on the squash, that's how quickly fall is arriving. I can't afford expensive biking clothing for the changing season, so I've visited neighborhood thrift stores and found some clothing that works for me, for now. My favorite is a Nike sport pant with cotton lining. It's light, wind resistant, loose, yet not too lose around the pedals. Sadly, it has a few seams starting to come undone. $3 dollars was all it cost. I hope it will do for this season.

On Wednesday, I left for a ride in a light rain with temperatures down in the fifty's. By the time I returned home, the rain had stopped, but the wind throughout the ride gave me quite a workout, even though I only covered 10 miles. My average mph dropped to eight-something!

The biking exercise, spaghetti squash meals, and a new drink I've been taking before meals is resulting in some amazing low blood sugar readings and even a few sugar crashes! That's very good news. My drink that I take in the morning consists of 1 tablespoon Orange flavored Metamucil, 1 teaspoon of Ceylon Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder. In the afternoons I usually substitute Crystal Light for the Metamucil for my evening meal. It seems like I'm loosing more weight as the glucose readings continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment